Choosing a college major is stressful and making sure you make the right decision can often feel like a daunting task.
In this project we will be examining students who graduated in US between 2010 and 2012. The thought process of an individual choosing a major can be different. But we will explore if there are tendencies in choosing a major based on gender. Also we will check if having a major can improve jobs aspects such as employment and income.
1. Men typically choose majors such as science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
2. Women tend to choose majors such as health, education or social work.
3. Median unemployment rate is at 0.067 below US unemployment rate(8%-10%).
4. Average salary is around $40K within national average salary range of($39k-$42k).
5. 52.2% of the students with college majors are women while 47.7% are men.
Click the link to view the complete project.
You can also view the project via github